About Us

I Focus on Representing People With Mental Disabilities

About Us

I have fought for the rights of people with all types of issues, including autism spectrum disorder, bipolar disorder, major depression, dementia, fetal alcoholism spectrum disorder, schizophrenia, traumatic brain injury, post traumatic stress disorder, post partum depression, and intellectual disabilities.

I have appeared in state and federal courts from Anchorage, Alaska to Naples, Florida and points in between. I also am frequently invited to speak to other attorneys and judges about representing people with mental disabilities.

I have dedicated my life to the firm belief that people with mental disabilities do not belong in the criminal justice system and that they need treatment, not jail or prison.


Call Us Today

Examples Of Issues We Represent

Spectrum Disorder


Criminal Defense

  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Major Depression
  • Fetal Alcoholism Spectrum Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
  • Post Partum Depression
  • Intellectual Disabilities


Defending People With Mental Disabilities Nationwide

Frequently Asked Questions

If we retain you, what can you bring to the case?

  • Meet with the client, wherever he or she is: jail, prison, or treatment facility.
  • Meet with the family.
  • File a motion pro hac vice (see more below). This enables me to practice in any jurisdiction.
  • Connect the client with the appropriate team of mental health experts for the appropriate evaluations such as diagnostic, competency, sanity, mitigation, or future dangerousness.
  • Collaboratively work with local/co-counsel for as favorable a resolution as possible.

We already have a lawyer and he/she says my son/daughter/spouse/sibling’s mental disabilities don’t matter. That doesn’t seem right.

At this point, I don’t know your loved one’s case. And I don’t like to second guess another lawyer. But I will say this: I make it my business to make the disability matter.

My case is in _________________________state. Can you still help me?

Yes. There is a special process where attorneys can be admitted in another jurisdiction call pro hac vice. Generally, if I fill out a form, pay a fee, and have an attorney licensed to practice in that jurisdiction serve as my sponsor or local counsel. I can appear for purposes of that one case. The process is similar in different federal jurisdictions

Families’ Guide to
Working with a Criminal
Defense Lawyer

Powered by